There are things I feel one must have to be the ultimate faffer.
- Having at least three alchemists, one of each specialization, for procs on all your pots/flasks/transmutes;
- Having at least two engineers, one of each specialization, for maximum coverage of all craftables;
- Having four enchanters, one of each armor class so all the Timeless Isle gear tokens can be sharded;
- Having all the professions (even the secondary ones) maxed out;
- Having a max level rogue to open all lockboxes. You could have a blacksmith use keys for that, but I feel it’s wasted materials since you need ore to craft the keys whereas the rogue can just do it without any material cost;
- Having a max level mage on every account you have (if you have more than one) for portals available to all your characters;
- If you do have multiple accounts, having a two-seater mount, preferably capable of flying.
Surely I forget other important stuff, so be sure to let me know in the comments. Now, does one absolutely need to have all those things in order to faff? No, of course not. Can you be a very efficient faffer without all those things? Yes you can. Do I feel the need to have all those things? Yes, yes I do.
But then I question the necessity of all those things. Do I really need two max level mages only for portals? If I enjoy mages and love to play the class, then maybe it’s not a problem. But maybe I’m not really into mages to begin with. Maybe it’ll be there, gathering dust, only being used for portals. See, my problem is also that I feel like I have too many characters. Characters that I don’t play. I get them to max level, then they gather dust, seeing some action if I need something from their profession or something of the sort, and then they go back to doing nothing for months. Maybe it shouldn’t bother me, but it does. I think it all boils down to what you want to do, and what you enjoy. If having all the things mentioned above is something you want, then go for it. If you feel it’s unreasonable, then don’t. Inexplicably, I feel like I have to do things in order to be as efficient as possible, but then my OCD kicks in and tells me it makes no sense to have so many characters I don’t even play just for the sake of convenience and efficiency.
Then again, I think too much.